Total Pageviews

Monday 7 October 2013

Bizarre!!! 27-year-old Argentine Earns A Living By Painting With His Eyes


Leandro Granato, 27, is making a splash in the world of art by colouring with his eyes. He snorts up to a pint-and-a-half of watercolour through his nose and squirts the paint onto a canvas through the eye duct. Looks gross!


The Argentine artist's works take from 10 minutes to months to create, and sell for up to £1,500. Mr Granato began pushing liquid from his nose through his eye at a young age. He now uses it to create unique works of art.

'Ever since I was a kid I knew I had a special connection between my eye and my nose,’ he said.
‘As I grew up I started realising air and liquids could go out of my eye if I put them through my nose.‘Now I am the inventor of a new painting style in the art world.
‘When I decided I would do this for a living my whole family thought I was going crazy - as well as many other people.
‘But as time went by they began to understand the art I call eye-painting.’ 

Mr Granato spent 2 years training and developing a special formula of paint that does not damage his eyes. Leandro believes he is the only person in the world to paint this way. His motivation to become an artist first came when his grandfather died because of cancer,’ said Mr Granato.‘After this loss, I started painting to overcome this pain.'

Mr Granato cites American artist Jackson Pollock as one of his inspirations. The 20th century painter made his name by using unusual painting techniques, developing his own unique style of drip painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment