Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 November 2013

Employee Gets Suspended For Refusing To Give An Armed Robber Money

Betty the employee

DailyMail is reporting that a petrol station employee got suspended after she refused to hand over cash to an armed robber.
 According to the story, the lady, Betty Green was working at the Speedway gas station in Lexington, Kentucky, when a man came in and demanded cash. 
The man had bought some beer, then handed her a note. 

'I started reading it,' Betty said, 'and it said "I don't want anyone to get hurt, take your money in the drawer, put it in a bag and give it to me."' 
He then lifted up his shirt to show a gun but Betty staunchly refused to hand over any money. 'I looked at him and I said "no," and he grinned at me, and picked up his purchases and left,' she said. 
The shocked clerk called 911 but got suspended by her bosses for not following company rules of handing over the cash then pressing the panic button. 

Betty hopes to get justice. 
She said: 'Right and wrong are important, and what he did was wrong. My outcome was right. No one was hurt and I was able to diffuse the situation from getting worse.'

No comments:

Post a Comment